(If you do not wish to approach the police immediately, contact us as we can help you with the process and ultimately reach the police safely)  

  1. Carry any proof of evidence that will make your case a strong one.  
  2. Take a trusted person along with you  
  3. When you approach a policeman with your problem, he is legally obliged to report it in a document called First Information Report (FIR).  
  4. The police can investigate it and even arrest the abuser if the offense is classified as cognizable.  
  5. Get in touch with a lawyer or a women-help organization like us.  
  6. Beware! The police may try to get in touch with your family, husband, in-laws to inform them of your complaint or to start a mediation process.